1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Operating System Not Found

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by oldjunk, Nov 18, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

Picked this antique HP Pavilion 6644D out of the trash last week. Windows 98/2000, 64 MB RAM. Appears to be original configuration. I haven't opened the machine for observation.

Anyway, I'm getting the "Operating System Not Found" message at startup. Before this, though, it did show the Win 98 page before moving to the aforementioned message. So, I'm assuming the OS is intact somewhere in its deep recesses.

Sometimes I can access the bios/Boot Menu by pressing ESC, F2 and Delete when starting, but sometimes not.

I've seen several YouTube videos dealing with this issue, but not with a computer this old.

Any solutions?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

THIS is the HP desktop you appear to have.
    It appears it originally came with Windows 98 Second Edition.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

Yes Frank, that's it.

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

Does it have a COA sticker? If so you should be able to find a copy of Win98 somewhere. (I can help you, if there's a sticker) and re-install that OS. But what you can use it for, I have no idea.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199700