1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

operating system wasn’t found

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by foxygrandma35, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. foxygrandma35

foxygrandma35 Thread Starter

I never received an answer to this: Is there an F key I can press that would say boot from Hard Disk or hard drive? Strange that the computer repair where I took it for another problem and this problem started said they did not know how to fix it.

Thanks. Anna Ruth

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Hi.

It was replied to, but not very specific. Your problem is, I believe, very simple to solve. Your repair man has set the wrong boot order in the bios. The key to press depends on the model, but, in some cases, in the initial boot, a message will pop up telling you which key.
    But, in order for a member to answer your question, we need to know what is the make of your computer?

3. foxygrandma35

Thank you. Laptop is TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A PSCF6U-01Y00C

Anna Ruth

4. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Ok. As soon as you start, keep tapping the ESC Key.
    When the prompt comes up, press the F! key. (This may vary, according to your model. If no action, try the F2 Key)

Go to the boot section, and select your HD as your initial boot device, and then exit by saving, or by pressing the F10 Key

5. foxygrandma35

ok, thank much, will try later today after some sleep. Anna Ruth

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice