1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

operating system

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by tomo, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomo

tomo Thread Starter

Hello all, i am new to programing well i do not know nothing about programing. My question is how does one goes about making a operating system. if you know a good website where i can get some basic info on this subject

here are my questions and i thank you for answering them

1-what what programs should 1 learn like etc.c,c++ or something als
    2-what level of schooling does 1 has to haw in order to accomplish this goal.
    3-can it be done alone, or help is needed.
    4-what do people look in operating systems

thank :confused: you all

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

See http://osdev.org
    Any particular reason you want to create your own OS instead of use one thats been in development for years?

3. punjabian263

punjabian263

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Making an OS is a pretty complicated task. Today when even mission critical commercial softwares are not made single handedly, what to say about OS?

On top of it, you are new to programming. I would suggest you try contributing to Linux first instead of trying to write your own one. If you are comfortable and enjoy doing it, may be you can do it at some later time in life.

To start with, get hold of some Linux distro (I would suggest Fedora or Debian) and have a good look at the code.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!