Opinion of HotSpot shield?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bonecrusher123

hey guys, i just started running this and was wondering if anyone here had experience with it?

thanks

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
I used to recommend this software a while ago but members and myself have been quite disappointed recently.

Other than the bad reviews it gets, your antivirus software may block the Hotspot Shield installer. For instance, my NOD32 antivirus, which is quite reputable, flags the installer version 1.37 as Win32/Adware.AnchorFree.

I have contacted AnchorFree about a month ago, but deplorably, they have never bothered to provide any explanation.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
What's your antivirus?

They may also have "fixed" it by now, after all the complaints...

Hello Everyone,

This is Art from Hotspot Shield. My apologies to you all who did not get a respond from our support team. In future, you can go our facebook fan page and post your questions to our users and support team - www.facebook.com/anchorfree.

We are currently working with ESET to resolve the issue. Hotspot Shield is incorrectly marked as an adware by ESET (even though Hotspot Shield works fine with most reputed antivirus software programs like Symantec, McAfee, or Webroot). We are expecting to resolve this issue in about 2 weeks.

Please visit our fan page and let us know any issues that you are facing. We are here to help.

Cheers,
Art

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online