1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opinion of HotSpot shield?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bonecrusher123, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bonecrusher123

Bonecrusher123 Thread Starter

hey guys, i just started running this and was wondering if anyone here had experience with it?

thanks

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

The review at C|Net doesn't make it look very promising.
    http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/

3. Bonecrusher123

gonna have a look, thanks

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I used to recommend this software a while ago but members and myself have been quite disappointed recently.

Other than the bad reviews it gets, your antivirus software may block the Hotspot Shield installer. For instance, my NOD32 antivirus, which is quite reputable, flags the installer version 1.37 as Win32/Adware.AnchorFree.

I have contacted AnchorFree about a month ago, but deplorably, they have never bothered to provide any explanation.

5. Bonecrusher123

alright, thanks.

i haven't had that problem yet.

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What's your antivirus?

They may also have "fixed" it by now, after all the complaints...

7. hotspotshield

hotspotshield

Hello Everyone,

This is Art from Hotspot Shield. My apologies to you all who did not get a respond from our support team. In future, you can go our facebook fan page and post your questions to our users and support team - www.facebook.com/anchorfree.

We are currently working with ESET to resolve the issue. Hotspot Shield is incorrectly marked as an adware by ESET (even though Hotspot Shield works fine with most reputed antivirus software programs like Symantec, McAfee, or Webroot). We are expecting to resolve this issue in about 2 weeks.

Please visit our fan page and let us know any issues that you are facing. We are here to help.

Cheers,
    Art

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice