1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opinion on P5N-D Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steven1350, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steven1350

steven1350 Thread Starter

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Unless you really plan on using sli [which IMO is nothing more than a gimmick] I would really go with a board using an intel chipset. Nothing beats the stability of an intel cpu running on a quality board using an intel chipset.

3. steven1350

steven1350 Thread Starter

well, I want to keep sli as an option (hence why I got this one). Plus, ASUS makes quality boards, I have never had problems with them.

4. jackdw

jackdw

I recently got an asus P5K-E WiFi. No problems with it at all. The software that came with it (CPU over/underclocking etc could be better but other than that I have no complaints. Booted first time, BIOS was easy to use...
    Mine has Crossfire (not used, I stupidly got a nvidia card not realising I even had two pci-e slots!) and I personally dont think much of the crossfire/SLi stuff anyway. Your better off spending the cash spent on two cards on one better card.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

As I posted, sli is really just a gimmick to sell more cards. The tech is not new; it has been around since the late 90s. Asus is a quality board maker. What I said was I would go with a board using an intel NOT an nvidia chipset. If you want stability and ease of use, then use an intel chipset board.

BTW asus makes a number of boards using the intel chipset.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice