1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opinion pls

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Novictory, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Novictory

Novictory Thread Starter

ASUS E200HA Portable Lightweight 11.6-inch Intel Quad-Core Laptop, 4GB RAM, 32GB Storage, Windows 10 with 1 Year Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
    I am thinking of purchasing the above . It is $199 which is about my budget - gets good reviews on Amazon. Doesn't have large storage capacity but that is not a problem for me. Any opinions? Thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

looks ok, for what it is ,a small laptop, 4gb and w10 will be ok for most very basic things
    not sure what cpu you have - can you confirm exact model
    i suspect the 32gb is flash memory
    so by the time you have os on it, not much free space

i dont know what prices are like, as not sure what country you are in

it is 4gb ram ???? - in uk a quick search they have atom cpu and 2gb ram

review here http://www.zdnet.com/product/asus-vivobook-e200ha/
    not great review - but is your 4gb ram and a different cpu ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

5. Novictory

Novictory Thread Starter

Hi Etaf - looks like Intel® Quad-Core Atom™ Z8350 1.44 GHz (Turbo to 1.92 GHz) Processor, 32GB eMMC storage, 4GB DDR3 RAM. I am just going to use it for web surfing basically. I am going to keep my old slow Compaq Presario for photo editing, and other storage. I also have a Dell desktop that has lots of capacity on all levels. Just thought I'd pick up a cheaper, faster laptop (than what I currently have) for the web. Also would like to try out win10 - in US btw. Read a lot of reviews - just thought I'd see what u guys thought.

Add on -- also this is what I currently have -- intel celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHz -- 3 gb ram.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  6. Novictory

Novictory Thread Starter

Flav -- what is the site that rates cpu power? You posted it on TSG before but I can't locate. Thanks.

7. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

8. Novictory

Novictory Thread Starter

Great thanks.

9. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

10. Novictory

Novictory Thread Starter

Gets good reviews by owners - does not have a zippy cpu but it has to be faster than my compaq presario of 2011 which has 2.20 GHz cpu.

11. Novictory

Novictory Thread Starter

The difference between a chromebook and a notebook is???? I guess no win10 on chromebooks. Any other differences?? I'm sure there are many -

12. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

use the cpubenchmark link and compare

13. managed

managed Allan

If it were me I would upgrade the Cpu in that Compaq to an Intel Celeron Dual-Core T3500 and see how it works then. The T3500 is quite cheap on Ebay and has a slightly better rating than the quad-core Cpu in the new Asus 'netbook' at cpubenchmark.net

Just a thought. Of course you won't get any of the other benefits of the new Asus, like longer battery life, lower weight etc.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  14. Novictory

Novictory Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input. I do like the features of the Asus as mentioned above by managed. I'll do some comparison shopping. I am always hesitant to open these little machines up and change things around. I did install a new drive in my desktop but it was :eek: for me. Thanks again.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185379