Opinions about Open Office ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TOGG

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'm sure I'll be moved if it's not!!

I have a version of Open Office (1.0.1) on CD and I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it and, if so, what good or bad points they found?.

I have an old version of MS Office/Word 97 which is no longer supported and occasionally get problems when printing. Unless there are serious drawbacks to using it, I want to switch to the open source alternative.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

well, i use both,if both of the products were open-source iwud have to choose M$ office,but since not i would have to go with openoffice but in qaulity and options ect ms office is superior

Openoffice.org works like a champ .. drawback is that it is slow ....... not sure if it has anything to do with my tiny ram .. 96Mb

TOGG

Trevor & E-Quality,

Thanks for the input.

This is an old, slow computer (like its owner) but I have room on my HDD so I might as well install and 'suck it and see'!

Hi guys,

i got open office with Redhat 8.00, seems pretty OK to me, with the added bonus of being free!

It is still under development though, so we should see some improvements and bug fixes on there way soon.

regards
Khayman:cool:

I've had StarOffice and OpenOffice take over my computer a few times.;) I'm not all that crazy about having a 100+MB program suite just to have a word processor:I dont use any of the other things it offers.
I use AbiWord because it works with word docs and it's small( 2+MB).
lynch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online