1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opinions on ISP servers

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Shamrock, Nov 18, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

Is it ok to ask opinions on individual ISP servers?

2. cwolfe98

cwolfe98

My opinion.......
    Stay away from AOL, Mindspring, Gateway (who is now part of AOL), & all the other "Big Boys". Why? Impersonal service (if you can get any service from their IT guys.) Also high call failures and/or lost connections. I used them for a long time and got FED UP! I am now using a local ISP here in Knoxville. (www.nxs.net) and I feel that the "mom & pop" ISP's are very helpful when you have problems and I can honestly say that I have never, yes never lost connection with them while on line and always connect on the first try dial in.

STAY AWAY FROM THE "BIG BOYS"!!!!!
    :p ~Just my opinion~:p

3. robcaro

robcaro

I use bellsouth.net. They give me a good deal on price because I have a feature called "Complete Choice" for my regular phone line. My computer is on a second line. It has been an excellent service without any problems. I am quite happy with it.

:cool:

4. marioh

marioh

UUNET, all the way. They are the premier Internet backbone provider. I have local dial up access practically ANYWHERE in the world.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

Does anybody use/know anything about People PC?

6. Dark Star

Dark Star

Hi Shamrock,

I've not heard much about People PC, so I can't help you there.

Who is your local dial tone provider? I've been using Verizon for a couple of years now as they also provide my dial tone, they are excellent.
    I connect first time every time (okay maybe 99.99%) and I've never lost my connect.
    $20.00 mo. I can live with that and it is combined with my monthly phone bill, not bad at all.

DS

7. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

So Dark Star.....Would you say you have a "CLEAN" connection with Verizon? :confused:

8. Dark Star

Dark Star

Geoffrey,

What are we gonna do with you huh?.......

Okay fine it was a hell of alot better whenever I could just log on there and just do my job............but NOOOOOO. We can't have that anymore now can we?.....nor do I get unlimited access for $16.95 mo. anymore either.

Are you suggesting I switch over to AOL for $25.00 mo. I didn't think good friends allowed their friend to sign up with AOL, I'm confused now. :confused:

It's got everything to do with those soda vending machines. :D

DS

9. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

JUMPY JUMPY!!! Dark Star....I was just inquiring how you clean your modem connection!
    :mad:

10. Dark Star

Dark Star

JewisHeritage,

"I was just inquiring how you clean your modem connection!"

....Oh you mean that, I guess I just didn't understand you.
    Just clean it the same way I had you clean your mouse with hot soapy water rinse it and let it air dry.

Same with your keyboard too, and whenever your monitor gets dusty why just drag it into the bathtub for a nice warm shower and be sure to let it drip dry before you plug it back in.

I'm not sure how a CPU does underwater but you can tell us how that does whenever you pull that Compac off the bottom of the lake you've been using for an anchor.

:D:D:D:D

DS

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice