1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opinions On Memory Needed Please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hillian, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145503 is that memory any better then this memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221133

or is it just a big money game...i eman im building a pc for $3000 and i want good stuff but i don't wanna spend UNNECESSARY money on such a stupid mistake like choosing the memory. i have read the reviews on both kidns of memory and there both excellent...so now i ask for help...which is the ebtter value ALL around(not jsut money)

some opinions would be great on this subject

Thanks to all who contribute any opinions! :)

2. cperrywebrat

cperrywebrat

Does Cas Latency and Timing mean anything to you? If not, go with the cheaper one. They are the same speed. With the Corsair, you're only buying the name. I should talk, I usually go with Kingston.

3. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

I'm honestly not sure Cas Latency and Timing really are unfortunately :p can anyone help a brother out here?!

4. shadowman25

shadowman25 Guest

they are the same speed. great reviews. cas latency is lower on the cheaper version. just looks like you would be paying more for the name. go for the cheaper one!

5. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

does cas latency even matter then? im building an UBER system keep in mind :p

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

A higher Cas latency is usually the difference between buffered/unbuffered registered/non registered.
    A cas 2 is the fastest and also least stable.
    If you plan on running Dual Channel go for the Corsair. If you reall care about stability go for some registered buffered RAM.
    What ever RAM you chose make sure your MOBO supports it, every now and then one stick of RAM is supported my a main board and that gets to be really annoying!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/389083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice