1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

opinions on this laptop please ...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mtn-Billy, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mtn-Billy

Mtn-Billy Thread Starter

I know it's not a P4 processor .... but think the Celeron 2.0GHz will suit my needs just fine, and do just as well as the P4 1.6GHz I have in one of my desktops .... what do you think???

And what do you think about the price???

All my tech buddies seem to agree that Toshiba is the way to go .... well unless you can afford a IBM :p

But they are really gonna have a bit*hfest that I did not go the extra for the new P4 .... but I buy for my needs .... not because "it's there" :rolleyes:

Opinions Please???

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=589905&Sku=T24-S127%20P&Tab=0

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well Toshiba is definitely the way to go, I believe they are the # 1 laptop manufacturer.

What are you're needs.

Here's what I don't like about it, although there's nothing bad about it:
    - 2.0 Celeron - I'm just not a fan of these, the full Pentium is quite a bit better.
    - Intel Graphics - I'm sure this uses 32MB of your system RAM leaving you with only 224 for the system and Intel Graphics aren't that great.

Still its a great laptop with a very nice price and is more than a sufficient workhorse for almost all apps.

3. Mtn-Billy

Mtn-Billy Thread Starter

the laptop is just a "because I want one" buy, I have several P4 on my network, and do allot of web design, graphics ect.

I figure if I network the laptop ... and maybe use photoshop to do some graphic work. I can come back to the other workhorse's on my network to upload ..... or use any of the resource hog programs like Bryce or Poser when rendering.

So I guess the lap top would be a lazy persons buy :D .... I work out of my home and have all the power on the network I need ..... just can't sit in the recliner and work on some graphics or web pages with the desktops :p

Think I did OK???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice