1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OPPLUE_EN_EXE Office 2007 Beta

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rbcash, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rbcash

rbcash Thread Starter

I Don't know where to post this question. I have tried looking through forums and FAQ'S on many sites...including Microsft. I downloaded and installed the beta for Office 2007. I started having trouble with running my anti-virus program( Earthlink Protection Control Center) It will stall...and lock pc up.... everytime I get to the OPPLUS_EN_EXE file...which is the file I downloaded to install Office. I have deleted the original file....and un-installed all the Office programs.. ... however the Protection Control Center still finds the file and hangs. I have tried going to start menu and searching for the file, but search does not find it. Any ideas on how I can get rid of a file I can't find?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I've removed the other post, please do NOT post multiple threads on the same issue.

3. rbcash

rbcash Thread Starter

Sorry...thought this post was in the wrong place....got any help for the problem?

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

My best suggestion is from what I have heard about the new BETA version I would suggest talking to Microsoft tech support on this matter, this is a beta version and this really should not be downloaded and installed on a work computer but just a computer that is put together specially for this problem. Beta's are notorious for having weird problems that cause very nasty results when run and this one is written in a different type language than the other versions of office.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have a separate machine for beta versions of software, trying to use them in a production environment is pretty foolhardy.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice