Optical Drive drivers not loading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Empress Leo

Comp Specs: Gateway [FONT=&quot]GT5644E desktop, Vista Home Premium 32-bit, [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]AMD Athlon™64 X2 5000+, 64-bit dual core processor[/FONT], [FONT=&quot]Chipset: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150SE[/FONT], [FONT=&quot]Installed: 3072 MB DDR2, 667 MHz, (PC2-5300)[/FONT], [FONT=&quot]NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS[/FONT], optical drive: [FONT=&quot]DVD ±RW, 16X super multi-format dual layer drive[/FONT].

ARGH! I was in the process of upgrading to Windows 7 and it stopped and told me that I needed to restart the computer for some reason I don't remember before it can proceed with installation and that nothing the installation did would be changed (so basically I was just restarting the computer because the install cancelled). I had the Windows 7 ISO disc in the drive and as it was preparing the restart, I opened it and took it out. It shut down then came back up and I have no CD/DVD drive! It won't load the drivers now. I can't even play a CD if I want to! No, I don't have any kind of external optical drive either and nor do I know anyone with one. The only programs I had to uninstall for Windows 7 were Adobe Encore Logitech Messenger (for my webcam). Also, I got a BSOD yesterday. It happened while I was moving files (just downloads, pictures, music, etc...) to my external HD.

Oh, here's the messages I have from device manager on the CV/DVD.

HD-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H40N ATA Device:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
(Code 19)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
(Code 19)Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I clicked the 'Check for solutions' for both but brought up no solutions at all.

Here's the BSOD crashed report analyzed by the program WhoCrashed.

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Sat 6/27/2009 12:10:47 AM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]nvlddmkm.sys[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFA264413, 0x7, 0x1, 0x8F7B1598)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver, Version 169.06 [/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]NVIDIA Corporation[/FONT]
description: NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Kernel Mode Driver, Version 169.06
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Fri 6/12/2009 6:26:09 AM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntkrnlpa.exe[/FONT]
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xC9800018, 0x0, 0x0, 0x8248DA94)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.
[/FONT]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online