Optical mouse freezing randomly?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vhs321

Randomly when im using the computer, my mouse (its an Optical Logitech Mx310) freezes for up to 20-30 seconds for (seemingly) no reason, bought it like 2 years ago, no problems til about a month ago, and at that time it only froze now and then for 2-3 seconds at a time, still does that, exept now with the occasional half minute freeze.

When the mouse freezes, the computer itself runs fine, e.g music still plays and web pages keep loading.

Any suggestions?

Does the light go out when the mouse freezes? If so that means that the connection on the mouse is going bad.

If not, have you tried unplugging the mouse and using a standard PS/2 mouse or USB to PS/2 adapter to uninstall and reinstall all the drivers for it?

Vhs321

no, the light stays on, and its a PS/2 mouse, and im pretty sure i installed the drivers when i got it.

check the logitech website to see if there are any updates for the drivers.

Also uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!