1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Optical mouse is erratic/all over the place

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iluvtolaff, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff Thread Starter

I bought a Microsoft Notebook Optical mouse and it behaves erratically and is all over the place. It had no software with it. I downloaded the Intellimouse driver(?) from Microsoft and there is no improvement.
    I have to have a precise pointer as I use an art program that requires exact pointing (whatever you call it :eek: ) so this is very important to me.
    I have Windows XP.
    Thank you for any help forthcoming.

2. acameron

acameron

It's probably just the surface you use your mouse on.

With my old desk and my logitiech optical mouse I just kept the mouse right on the desk..... no issues.

When I bought my new computer desk, I started having the same problems you are describing. The only thing that had changed was the desk. I went and dug out an old mousepad to use and that solved the issue.

I think it has to do with the reflectivity of the finish on the desk.

If you dont have an old mousepad laying around try using the mouse with a piece of blank printer paper under it and see if that makes a difference.

good luck..........

3. iluvtolaff

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

4. iluvtolaff

That's working great so far! I used a mousepad (the paper idea didn't work).
    Thank you, again! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice