Optical Mouse is Sticky

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Greenhilldd

My optical mouse model "RF 3D Wheel Optical Mouse" has become 'sticky' over the last week. I,ve had it for over a year, have tried updating the drivers, but nothing seems to help!
Anyone got any ideas. I work from home and this is driving me crackers (to go with the cheese, for the mouse).
Happy New Year (almost) Everyone.
Tina

take a tissue and wipe the bottom of the mouse off. you may have gotten dirt on the 'eye'. :D

Rukee

Banned
is the mouse movment itself sticky on the desk?? Or the curser action on the screen that 'appears' to be 'sticking' while the mouse itself moves free on the desk??

do you mean the actual physical mouse itself is sticky or do you mean the actual pointer on screen?

have you changed any of the mouse settings recently?
try changing them if you havent, try reverting them if you have.

Noting that this is apparently a Wireless mouse -- the problem is likely caused by interference, a poor signal condition, or low battery condition.

Read the manual on how to troubleshoot for interference and signal problems. You should be able to change "channels". Move the sending unit as close to the mouse as possible. Don't put it on the Computer case itself -- as it will distort the signal.

I have the same exact problem on two computers with two different (one MS Explorer and one Logitech Mouseman) wired optical mice. I've tried cleaning, checking the settings, and even uninstalling and reinstalling... nothing helps.

...and it's the pointer sticking on the desktop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!