1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Optical Mouse Issues -How to Access Advanced Bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Peepss, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Peepss

Peepss Thread Starter

I've been having a super annoying problem with my mouse, it keeps shutting off after about an hour of use, for like 2 seconds or so, then comes back on and keeps doing it repeatedly, it is not the mouse as i have tried another one and it did the same thing.
    After googling all about it, i think it is a power problem related to the laptop, and i see people saying to go into the Bios advanced options, and turn off the stuff in Power Management. But i cant seem to figure out how to get into my Bios' advanced settings. The bios info is-- InsideH2O, Version F 2.9 i believe.

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy......I'm going to move this to hardware, as you'll get a few more hits in that forum on bios stuff.

thanks,

v

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you mess around in the BIOS without knowing what you're doing, you can wind up with even more problems or with a non-working computer.

Don't believe EVERYTHING that you "google" and read because there's a lot of bad and dangerous advice out there.

-------------------------------------------------------

What's the model name and complete model number of your HP?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker is.

-------------------------------------------------------

4. Peepss

Peepss Thread Starter

Hp g62 - 341nr

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and software site for the HP G62-341NR laptop.
    I suggest you add and add this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

Your comments don't clarify if you're having issues with the laptop's touchpad or with an external mouse, so I'll assume it's with the touchpad.

Unless you've already installed it, this is the current driver(15.1.6.64) for the Synaptics touchpad in that laptop.
    Updating the driver and then configuring the settings may resolve your issue.

--------------------------------------------------

6. Peepss

Peepss Thread Starter

It is an external Optical mouse.

7. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Are you sure it IS the mouse.
    I had a similar problem where my laptop cpu went 100% for some seconds and froze the mouse.
    I never did find out what it was, but I did spend a long time searching and making sure everything was up to date.
    It went away after a few weeks.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Is it a wireless mouse or a USB mouse?

If it's a wireless mouse, you might try using new batteries.

If it's a USB mouse, you might try using a different USB port.

Also check the mouse and USB properties in the Device Manager and make sure that the command to turn off the device to save power is not checked.

--------------------------------------------------------

9. Peepss

Peepss Thread Starter

It is a USB wired mouse,, im pretty sure its NOT the mouse, im pretty confident its the computer.

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the section on how to access and make changes in the BIOS.
    Do it at your own risk.

The most current BIOS update listed is F.27, so I don't know how you updated it to F.29.

--------------------------------------------------------

11. Peepss

Peepss Thread Starter

Well yeah thats a different version, theres no advanced tab on mine or anything, so i dont know what to say about that. Any other suggestions not for bios but trying to get my mouse to work?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice