1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Optical Mouse Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doogdoog, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    I just acquired a laptop and want to install a wireless optical mouse. It comes with a receiver that has to be plugged into the laptop and I don't like that feature. Is that a bluetooth receiver? My laptop came with a built in bluetooth so I was wondering if I could use that or do I have to use the receiver that comes with the mouse (I haven't bought it yet). TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

Some wireless mice use bluetooth, most don't. What mouse were you looking at?

3. Compiler

Compiler

Only 2-3 mice on the market are bluetooth... and are expensive. Go figure... you'd think with the number of notebooks with BlueTooth that there would be more notebook mice ready to go...

4. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    Thanks for the replies and the mouse that I looked at was a Logitech V220. I just checked the Logitech site and there is a (bluetooth) V470 for $49.99. It looks like they operate in the 2.4 Ghz range and would probably cause some problems with my wireless router (Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N router) which operates in that frequency range. Do you know of any problems that was caused by using a bluetooth mouse with the wireless router? TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice