1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

optimizer pro speed guard

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by HillBillyJim, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HillBillyJim

HillBillyJim Thread Starter

I have a friend with this continuously popping up on his computer. I recommended Malwarebytes, which he downloaded and scanned but it did not detect anything wrong. Any ideas on how to get rid of this. A quick google search gives a few links to a removal tool but I thought I would check here to see if anyone has had luck getting rid of this.

Thanks.

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Your friend needs to start by logging on to this thread and following the instructions Here to post the logs required. I can then assist him to clean up the PC.

3. HillBillyJim

HillBillyJim Thread Starter

OK Mark,

I just thought the fix might be as easy as downloading a removal tool and he'd be rid of the problem. I know you guys get swamped with requests and I thought if it was something that you guys had seen before and it was as simple as a download and a scan, then I could tell him what to do and he wouldn't have to take up your guys' time/resources. I'll talk to him tomorrow and tell him to log on and someone here can assist him.

Thanks,

Jim

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

He can continue in this thread if you let him use your user name or he will have to start a new thread. Unfortunately there are no shortcuts and no standard fixes for specific infections as every system is different.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!