optimizer???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

valis

neither. Anything that says it is a 'system optimizer' generally will do a lot more harm than good.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

challapradyumna

automatic fixing of things like registry defragment........................basically keep my system clean and increase performance a little bit

valis

don't sweat it. The registry isn't big enough to get fragmented enough to effect performance. However, running 'optimizers' on the registry can render your pc into a nice, expensive doorstop. With W7, you don't need to worry about much; I just set my defrag to auto defrag every 4 months, and that's it.

anytime you see anything that says 'system optimizer' be very wary; these apps will usually return false positives and the vast majority of them do far more harm than good.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online