1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Optimizing mpg/quicktime format videos - Magix

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by shadowdante13, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadowdante13

shadowdante13 Thread Starter

We have an account on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MurkProductions

Now, here's the problem. I make a video on Magix movie edit pro 2005 that is around 3 minutes. I am having problems getting the video(s) under the upload limit of 100mb, I just can't make it so the video will be lower than 100mb. I see many videos on Youtube that are 6-8 minutes and I wonder how they can get it under 100mb!

Any help on how/what are the best options for a low file size but reasonable quality video will be much appreciated

Olly and John

~PS : Our current videos had to be squeezed completly to fit under 100mb and it's getting really hard now to make and then put them on youtube... please help!

2. Heiko999

Heiko999

Youtube and Magix Movie Edit Pro
    I have just started to put videos on Youtube, and I thought that I should share my new knowledge which I finally gained after several nights…
    I am using Magix Edit Pro 2004, but “my way” putting videos on you tube of course also works with the other versions. It is a bit unconventional, but the results are perfect, and you have got NO issues with the file size! I do the following: I export my movie as a DV AVI, and then convert it with Allok MPEG4 Converter (cost 29$) to DivX, using the highest possible quality. Brilliant results, no issues with file size. Hope that helps!!!

3. officialblueboys

officialblueboys

Use Divx codecs to encode those videos . Use softwares like Mediacoder to encode

or u can use wmv

4. Heiko999

Heiko999

Actually, in addition to my previous post, with longer videos you might have an issue with file size if you export to DV AVI like I do (my clips are just to about 5 minutes). But if you for example just import to AVI and then convert to Divx, using for example Allok MPEG4 converter, you should be fine?! :rolleyes:

5. thecoalman

thecoalman

If you have a very good source you can create very good final products. I know your thinking "but of course" but that is not what I mean. What I mean by that is if you have a high quality DV-AVI and a low quality DV-AVI and you convert them both to a very compressed format the high quality source may convert flawlessly whereas the low quality source will not. Always work with the highest quality source possible and convert it once.

MPEG is for DVD it doesn't compress as much at the same quality as WMV or Divx. I see the product you have supports WMV. Use that instead as it will compress the video about 4X at about the same quality... that's under the assumption youtube accepts WMV.

Filesize is determined by the bitrate. Lowering the bitrate will create smaller files, this also lowers the quality. Also note there is correlation between bitrate and resolution. As an example you can use any bitrate and resolution you want with a 720x480 MPEG2 for DVD. However depending on your source once you go below 4000 to 3500kbps macroblocking will start to become evident. Macroblocking is the large squares you see on some videos. If you must go below this threshhold you can eliminate the macroblocking by using a lower resolution. You will lose some detail in the video but it's preferable to the macroblocking.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice