1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Opting out of receiving e-mails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by devil, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devil

devil Thread Starter

Lately i seem to getting a load of e-mails from companies advertising everything from wireless internet to sunrooms. I get about 20 or more a day and some go into spam folder and some into inbox.
    There is no unsubscribe link in these e-mails, so what i`m wondering is how to stop receiving these e-mails in the first place or failing that how to contact the senders to tell them stop e-mailing me?
    I don`t use an e-mail client only eircom webmail.

2. KristineHabeck

KristineHabeck

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's spam. If there were an unsubscribe link, it would probably just add you to more spam lists since you would have confirmed the message was sent to a live e-mail address.

All you can do is delete them.

4. devil

devil Thread Starter

Thanks for that guys.

5. hewee

hewee

Best to have more then one web base email account.
    1. For for family and friends.
    2. For family and friends that forward email to lots of others showing others email addresses because they are doing the same and others get your address.
    3. For sign up at forums.
    4. For news letters.
    5. For those your not sure of and don't care about deleting this account.

You may have to start over with the address your using now.

Learn to protect your address and having more then one account helps because if one starts getting lots of spam your know whu more easy and have better control and can change address again if need be without having it effect everyone because your using more then on address so it effects only that address.
    Any email you really want to keep forward to your ISP account so you can download it to have a copy to backup.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice