Opting out of receiving e-mails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

devil

Lately i seem to getting a load of e-mails from companies advertising everything from wireless internet to sunrooms. I get about 20 or more a day and some go into spam folder and some into inbox.
There is no unsubscribe link in these e-mails, so what i`m wondering is how to stop receiving these e-mails in the first place or failing that how to contact the senders to tell them stop e-mailing me?
I don`t use an e-mail client only eircom webmail.

DoubleHelix

Banned
It's spam. If there were an unsubscribe link, it would probably just add you to more spam lists since you would have confirmed the message was sent to a live e-mail address.

All you can do is delete them.

Best to have more then one web base email account.
1. For for family and friends.
2. For family and friends that forward email to lots of others showing others email addresses because they are doing the same and others get your address.
3. For sign up at forums.
4. For news letters.
5. For those your not sure of and don't care about deleting this account.

You may have to start over with the address your using now.

Learn to protect your address and having more then one account helps because if one starts getting lots of spam your know whu more easy and have better control and can change address again if need be without having it effect everyone because your using more then on address so it effects only that address.
Any email you really want to keep forward to your ISP account so you can download it to have a copy to backup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online