Option to Make Knowledge Base

Do you want to have a 'Knowledge Base' option in TSG?

• Yes,ofcourse.I appreciate it!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No,it is not need now.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I'm not concerned about it.I'll think later.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chatterjee

I've come accross a few(read it very few) sites which enable their users to make a knowledge base.I think,TSG should enable their users to make a knowledge base.This site is,I think,the mecca of learning technology.If you come accross any query that seems to be useful to you,having an "Add to knowledge base" option you can add the whole thread to it.

I think,by this way we can make a whole collection of rare(ofcourse very useful) Q&As.

Sorry...a small gramatical mistake on the poll....need=needed

I think Mike already has a KB in the works, where the articles would be approved before publication. I think the editorial review process tends to more accurate and useful information than a compilation of useful threads.

Not that it's a bad idea; however, I think the submitted threads would be so diverse that the useful bits would get lost in the mix, obviating the whole point of the KB.

I'm anxious to see what Mike implements.

chris.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I'm anxious to see what Mike implements.
Me too! ;)

Half of me wants to go with the Wiki -- it's easy to edit, keep up to date, and expand. On the other hand, it might be nice to have it as set articles so that the original author gets some credit and it can go through a more detailed editorial review. Hmm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online