1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Optional Update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alicez, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

I have a
    Gateway One All-In-One Desktop with Intel® Pentium® Processor - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled.Optional update:
    I recently went to the Critical Updates and saw the following:

"Intel Corp - Display Mobile Intel (R) 4 series expires chipset family" - 21 MB (which is quite a large update)

Just what is this update and should I install it? This is our grandson's computer and we would not want to cause any problems or damage by installing this Optional Update. Nothing appears to be wrong with our graphics, etc.
    Please advise and thank you.
    Alice Z

2. elvis271

elvis271 Account Closed

I installed this onto my laptop and considerably improved the graphics on it.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It is an update for the Intel chipset on the motherboard which may improve performance and reliability somewhat for Win7 particularly in the area of graphics.

I personally have not had any problems with installing the Intel related updates from Windows Update; Intel and Microsoft work very close together and usually get it right.

However if you are uncomfortable with this and are not experiencing any issues it can be safely ignored

4. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

Do you have Win 7 and 64-Bit?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/906487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice