1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Options for database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by GUSMAN, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi

I am doing a database for a landlord. I have done a quick simple version and attached it. What he wants to do is list for the tax year the properties I have included in the database. When displaying the properties he wants a few options.

1: To display all the properties (flat, 6 flat 7 etc and only list the costs ie a list of all flats with just the cost for maintenace.

2: Display individual properties ie flat 6 also with just the cost for lets say maintenance.

I have created a report which lists al the properties, but not for individual pricing.

I can create a query with paramaters to give you the individaul choices but he does not want to type anything into a search box, he wants to choose from a drop down list. so maybe flat 6 - maintenance to get that result.

Hope its not to confusing. The database is simple at the moment as I want to get this sorted b4 I go on

Many Thanks

Gus

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

I think that you should have a Transaction Type Table to list the Rent, Maintenance etc which would provide input for a combo for both data input & selection purposes.
    Does he need a Report for Printing or just viewing, as it could just be a form if viewing only.
    You can use related Combos for the report selection process.

3. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hiya mate

What he wants to do is to be able to fill his tax returns in easily. Part of the return requires him to total the maintenance, rent etc of all the properties he owns, thats what its basically for, hence the need to list them separately.

The rent totals isnt really a problem as its a fixed rate.

At the moment, all the reciepts for maintenance bits and pieces go into folders that he goes through at the end of the year, so this database would enable him to input the data as he purchases what he needs for the properties.

He can either view the totals or print them its not a problem.

Cheers

Gus

4. OBP

OBP

OK, I would suggest a "Grouped report" with Totals which would show him Rent & Maintenance seperately for each Property as a "Quick" report and then have a report based on the selection process if he needs to look at just one Property.

5. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Ok Cheers Mate

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice