Options on Increasing RAM

ShadyRedPanda

Hi,
I'm looking to increase the amount of RAM on my computer, currently I have the Team T-Force Delta RGB 3200MHz 16GB (8GB x2), and I am looking to expand to 32GB. I have heard from people that if it's not in the same pack there is a chance that it will not work, which is something I don't want to end up having. Is there any truth to this? If I am looking to do so, should I get a new set of 32GB RAM from one set, or would getting another set of 8GB x2 of the same model work? I'd love to spend the least amount of money possible within reason.

Thanks.

Hello ShadyRedPanda,

It is advised that when possible that like for like RAM be used but it is possible to upgrade using memory that has the exact same specifications, there would be an awful lot of discarded memory sticks around if this wasnt the case.

Can I ask what use you have for 32GB of RAM, 8GB working in dual channel is enough for the average user and 16Gb enough for folk who are into flight sims and the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online