1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Orange Light With Monitor (More Inside)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dgraham83, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

k just formated before all of this with old hardware which is now gone. but i got a new mobo and cpu
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=A455-2881
    is the new mobo
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=A79-0241
    is the new cpu.
    now before the new hardware the old dell monitor worked fine. now its constantly orange when powered on even if the pc is on and off. and when i unplug it , it the light goes green or w/e but says no source avail .

i got a new OS to install and thats why i was formating before .

i have one stick of ram DDR2 in the first slot just incase, i only have the install hd in just incase (sata), i have two cd drives i CAN use but only the newer one hooked up via sata as well and ofc keyboard and mouse.

know i really hope that cpu and mobo work good together lol. the psu is a 600w one ive had and all plugs are in. there is NO extra sound of video card it is all default motherboard stuff.

really need help. been off that pc for work for almst a week now. dunno what kinda error it is or how to fix it

ps yes ive googled for 3 hrs for this , some ideas but no go .

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Have you made sure to connect 12 volt power to the 4 pin mobo connector? When powered on, verify the CPU fan is turning. On most systems you should hear one short beep (if the speaker is connected), and the keyboard lights should flash on/off sometime during power on self test. If those are good but you syill have no display, move on to the monitor.

Some monitors auto-detect if the input is analog or digital, but some dont. They have a 1 or 2 switch, or the input is set by an on screen menu. You might also try another cable type (i.e: if you are using DVI, try VGA).

3. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

are you talking about the 24/4 pin thing? if so that is all connected (i think this is for power to the mobo right? the power light on the mobo works so its gettin power.

all fans working, no system beeps, and usually when they do they come from the mobo not any speaker, (ive never had a pc beef through a speaker) keyboards lights have never lit up until a few seconds into booting (this keyboard is a smallk flelxible one) mouse is a optical wired mouse and cant tell if works until its loaded up which it has no OS yet so no way

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

No, the four pin connector close to the CPU. The power supply connector that plugs into it has 2 yellow and 2 black wires.

5. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

ahh yea its for the cpu power. and yes its plugged in. my psu has a CPU1 and CPU2 4 Pin Plug for that, the mobo doesnt have a spot for 2 though nor do i have a 2nd CPU installed

CPU1 is black and yellow with blue on it
    CPU2 is black and yellow with green on it

6. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

couple things im noticing .

there is nothing plugged into the Serial Port Connector (10-1 pin COM1) pin plug on the mobo

and things not being used from the psu are 1394 plug with a 9 hole female and PCI-E1 and PCI-E2 plugs (6 pins)

7. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

just tried altering all rams sticks in all spots by themselfs and no change. found it odd as well there was no beep still when i unplugged the sticks and tried like that

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You won't get a beep unless you install a speaker on the motherboard. Most Motherrboard Manufacturers no longer include a speaker built onto the motherboard.

Please post the Power Supply Make and Model number, And the Amperage on the +12Vdc Rail(s).

9. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

10. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    No need, that power supply should have enough power for your system.

11. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    What CPU cooler are you using? If I read right you bought an OEM Processor and those don't usually come with a Heatsink and fan.

12. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

older standard smaller OEM AM2+ socket cpu fan. CRAP ON A CRACKER
    board is 1.01G and ive read only 1.00G works wtf. man this irrates me. why would one no not work lol i mean heck its all AM3 atx etc etc. how would i make sure the exact VERSION of the stuff? tigerdirect doesnt show that stuff just model and brand i think

13. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I am not understanding what you mean by 1.01G and that only 1.00G works. I do not order from Tiger Direct As they do not get things listed correctly and I really do not like thier shipping policy. I would think that a HSF from an AM2+ CPU should work. Here is a thread that details a good procedure for trouble shooting problems builds http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/580000-troubleshooting-guide-problem-builds.html

14. dgraham83

dgraham83 Thread Starter

im mentioned the 1.01 and 1.00 cause im asking for help everywhere before i lose too much buisness. but i got told 2X that that cpu doesn't work with 1.01 only 1.00 version of mobo
    and already seen that . not much info . very little actually. took all apart and placed on table and just plugged in one ram and psu started it up and still nothing.

15. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The processor you have is supported by your motherboard on version 1.00G and later that means it is supported on the 1.01G as well.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice