1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Orange Livebox and Mac OS

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LBWTFH, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBWTFH

LBWTFH Thread Starter

hello everyone

so to start off i'm in france and i dont speak a word of french so i knew this thing could be a pain to set up but i just can't get it going, the orange guys aren't any help and they dont want to send any tech guys over to set it up for me eather instead they want me to call them for support (can't do that because my phone needs to go through the internet which isn't working) and the place i'm in doesn't offer any cell phone reception (aparently no companies work in this building)

so right now i have the live box + tv + phone package i've set it up the best i can according to the pictures they provided in there manuals but i just can't get it working (i guess it doesn't help that the pictures are of a slightly different version of the livebox and the operating system is an older version) i've tried to use both 1 and 2 pairing modes i've switched the filters and i've reset everything, i've also turned off all my security options and tried to connect through both eathernet and wireles, when i try to connect it says i have connected (and with wireless i ahve full signal strength) but the @ symbol on my livebox just flashes at me same with the wireless symbol

so if anyone knows what i need to do or what i'm missing or even better a step by step guide to setting this bugger up (pictures help but breif descriptions will work) that would be amazing

thanks in advance

~a canadian lost in paris

oh and if it helps its the inventel version of the livebox (i think thats the newer one)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!