Ordering a report in the same way it's record source is ordered.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slikbaz

Fairly simple question, but I've been unable to come up with the answer after a bit of searching. I have a form, and after clicking a "Print Form" button on that form, access takes the user to the print preview page of the record on a report. I've made it possible for the user to sort the form in whatever order he likes, and by whichever field he likes.

So my question is: How can you set the report to the same order properties that are used by the form (which is its record source)?

Thanks,

Slikbaz.

OBP

You do not say what version of Access you are using, assuming it is Access.
For versions 2000-2003 open the report in design view, Main Menu>View>Sorting & Grouping, you can select a number of fields to sort or group by.

slikbaz

You do not say what version of Access you are using, assuming it is Access.
For versions 2000-2003 open the report in design view, Main Menu>View>Sorting & Grouping, you can select a number of fields to sort or group by.
Ah, sorry about that. Using access 2007 and Windows 7.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts