1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ordering a report in the same way it's record source is ordered.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by slikbaz, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slikbaz

slikbaz Thread Starter

Fairly simple question, but I've been unable to come up with the answer after a bit of searching. I have a form, and after clicking a "Print Form" button on that form, access takes the user to the print preview page of the record on a report. I've made it possible for the user to sort the form in whatever order he likes, and by whichever field he likes.

So my question is: How can you set the report to the same order properties that are used by the form (which is its record source)?

Thanks,

Slikbaz.

2. OBP

OBP

You do not say what version of Access you are using, assuming it is Access.
    For versions 2000-2003 open the report in design view, Main Menu>View>Sorting & Grouping, you can select a number of fields to sort or group by.

3. slikbaz

slikbaz Thread Starter

Ah, sorry about that. Using access 2007 and Windows 7.

4. OBP

OBP

In 2007 it should be Design View>Main Menu>Design>Group & Sort

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice