1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ordering ALL files on a drive (incl. in subdir) to see where my space most used?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gilbertl, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gilbertl

gilbertl Thread Starter

This seems such a simple thing to ask that I think I must be missing something. My C drive is nearly full. I look at it in explorer and see the size of the files in the root dir., but then there's all the folders. You can't see how much space each folder takes up without right clicking on each and looking at properties.

You then have to open each folder and subfolder individually to see where the space has been used.

Isn't there a simple way of just ordering or listing all the drive's files by size (incl those hidden away in the subfolders) to see where the space is being used most?

Lawrence.

2. gmh

gmh

Using Start/Find, click Advanced tab and
    in type: select 'all files/folders'
    in Size is: select 'at least', then select 1KB

this should list all folders/files...
    then under View, select Arrange Icons by Size

3. gilbertl

gilbertl Thread Starter

Excellent, every things easy when you know how - thanks.

4. john1

john1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice