1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ordinal 7 not found in dynamic library

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by chilledinak, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chilledinak

chilledinak Thread Starter

I am having all sorts of problems with the Vista Home Premium. I purchase RegServe to correct windows errors but still keep getting this message ordinal 7 could not be found. My IE8 crashes and the Yahoo Messenger will come on and then stop working. Unable to install the service Pack 1. Gets hung up on reboot with a code 0xc0190034. So then I have to go into a restore but still have all the same problems. I have tried to restore all defaults back to IE8 but doesnt do any good. Even ran a defrag on the system as well as a registry defrag. At at my wits end on how to solve these issues.

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Use your Windows key + R to open the Run box then type sfc /scannow into the box and hit Enter. You'll need your Vista DVD handy in case the System File Checker needs to expand new copies of missing files. Restart after that and go straight to Microsoft's site to download Service Pack 2 - that contains everything SP1 had and wil bring you almost up to date.

I would personally recommend uninstalling RegServe and not using any so-called registry cleaners other than perhaps the low level one that comes with CCleaner but even that shouldn't be necessary. If you do use it, always start by going into the Registry and selecting Export from the File menu. Note the name and locaiton of the critical backup you're making in case anything goes wrong.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice