1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Organisational charts in Powerpoint 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jammiedodger, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger Thread Starter

Hi,

Introductions first: I am an IT trainer, mainly on Microsoft applications. I train PC, but work on a Mac at home, so sometimes get a bit lost between the two!

I have a delegate who has just called me to ask how to do a specific organisational chart in Powerpoint 2003.

She wants to have a chart that has 5 boxes across the top, but PP will only let her have 1 box, with 5 subordinates. Try as I do, I can't get it to have 5 boxes in the top row, then numerous boxes underneath.

Any ideas? Or is this a case of Visio needed?

JammieDodger

2. shaygate

shaygate

For what its worth I never use Power point for Org charts, Visio is so much easier !

I know this doesn't answer your quastion but it will bump it back to the top of the forum ;-)

3. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

If she doesn't want to use Visio, has she considered drawing her own org chart using text boxes? It sounds a lot more tedious than it is. Once you create the first box, you can just copy and paste as many as you need and change the text. Then you can use the arrow connectors in PowerPoint, which automatically find the center of the box to connect to.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice