1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Organization activation server

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by J0nesy, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. J0nesy

J0nesy Thread Starter

I was given a HP all in one. I did a factory reset and after it was done it said that Windows couldn't be activated because it couldn't connect to organization activation server. How do I connect or get around/rid of it?

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Which version of Windows are you running?

3. J0nesy

J0nesy Thread Starter

It's window 10 pro

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

I think there may be an issue going on today with Microsoft's activation servers. I've been taking Win 7 machines, re-imaging them, and getting them ready for sale/disposal. Each time I tried to activate the key after first-time input, it would balk at it and I'd have to paste in the key again.

Also, you should bear in mind this issue which has been affecting Win 10 Pro PCs. We've had troubles with this on our domain; however, hitting the Troubleshoot button usually fixes it.

5. J0nesy

J0nesy Thread Starter

Ok. Ill try the troubleshoot button. There is an activation key on back of computer but it says Windows 7 pro ao. Should I try to put that in if troubleshoot doesn't work?

6. J0nesy

J0nesy Thread Starter

I used the troubleshoot button and it worked. Now it says Windows is activated with a digital license. Thanks for the help.

lochlomonder likes this.
  7. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You're welcome (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice