Solved Organization activation server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

J0nesy

I was given a HP all in one. I did a factory reset and after it was done it said that Windows couldn't be activated because it couldn't connect to organization activation server. How do I connect or get around/rid of it?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think there may be an issue going on today with Microsoft's activation servers. I've been taking Win 7 machines, re-imaging them, and getting them ready for sale/disposal. Each time I tried to activate the key after first-time input, it would balk at it and I'd have to paste in the key again.

Also, you should bear in mind this issue which has been affecting Win 10 Pro PCs. We've had troubles with this on our domain; however, hitting the Troubleshoot button usually fixes it.

J0nesy

Ok. Ill try the troubleshoot button. There is an activation key on back of computer but it says Windows 7 pro ao. Should I try to put that in if troubleshoot doesn't work?

J0nesy

I used the troubleshoot button and it worked. Now it says Windows is activated with a digital license. Thanks for the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online