1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Organization of Music Files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cgm707, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cgm707

cgm707 Thread Starter

When I first started downloading music, I must have had a setting wrong. The majority of the music on my PC is in an Artist Folder, then an Album Folder, in the My Music section of my PC. If I want to organize the music more efficiently, by moving the song out of the folder so that it is just viewable under My Music, do I have to open every damn folder one at a time, or is there some kind of Windows XP trick to do this more quickly?

2. Digidave

Digidave

Correct if I'm wrong here, but aren't you trying to make your music less organized by doing that? Why would you want to do that, anyways?:confused:

3. cgm707

cgm707 Thread Starter

I can still view the singer, etc. along with the song, but the song isn't stuck in a folder with the name of the performer. All of the songs are in the same folder, My Music.

4. Moby

Moby

That is the way I have my music, all in one folder. Your media player is the way to organise your music through tags so you can play by artist, album, genre, your own playlists, year, colour of singers hair ;), you can stack them up in a queue to play, save that queue, add to it, remove from it, mix albums and playlists, artists and genres, you don't have duplicate files in different folders, you can view your files, in order, in one folder, the media player will burn/move/copy by album, playlist, whatever, searches are quicker etc etc. Why would anyone want to keep their music in a zillion different folders?
    cgm07, the quickest way is to do it in an explorer type window, folders on the left, click them to show the files on the right, then drag and drop the files from the right to 'My Music' on the left.
    It's a pain.
    ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/467390

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice