1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Organizing Files

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by mstarr, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mstarr

mstarr Thread Starter

I use frontpage 2002 and want to get a grip on all these files. I have two websites and a bunch of files I both use and no longer use. I was wonderning if there was a trick to organizing these files without going through them one at a time. It's getting to the point where the server and hard drive files aren't matching creating missing photos online and so forth. Any idea's? I am afraid to start sticking files in different folders for fear of them getting lost to the page and server.

2. Rockn

Rockn

I think you can map all of the files associated with your web site using Front page. Any fiels that don't show up in the map can be trashed.

3. mstarr

mstarr Thread Starter

How Does it Work?

4. Rockn

Rockn

Don't know....I wouldn't use FP if you paid me. I use DreamWeaver and it has the option, so did Home Site. DreamWeaver has an orphaned files optin to get rid of derelict files cluttering your web site. I am sure FP has something similar

5. mstarr

mstarr Thread Starter

I just went through them one by one, didn't take as long as I thought it would. Thanks for replying, I might not thank you guys enough for all the help you dish out, thanks again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice