1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Organizing my folders: What a nuisance!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Xangel, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xangel

Xangel Thread Starter

Hello. I want to organize My Music with a certain folder view format for my music. Right now it organized into Artist and then their Albums. I want the My Music to be viewed as a normal Document meaning with the usual default Details: Name, Size, Type, Date Modified plus with Thumbnails view (even thou I wouldn't see the details I'd still like them to be placed there if I were to change the view type as Details in the future). Each Artist will be the same; normal Dcouments with the same Details and their Albums be viewed as Thumbnails. For every Album however the format is totally different. They will be in Detailed view with the Details: Track Number, Name, Size, Bit Rate, Type, Duration, Artist, Album, Year, Genre with its own column widths.

But heres the problem. Bloody windows changes the Artists folder viewing format to copy the Album folders format and its really annoying for me. This is a feature i noticed Windows Explorer XP where it thinks it knows what you want for your folders. "Remember each folder's view settings" is already ticked so then why does it do that!? :mad:. It's contradictory I say. I hope someone could help me with this.

I was also wondering into whether I can tweak Windows Explorer by changing the different viewing formats it provides (in Properties under the Customize tab it asks you "What kind of folder do you want?" and it gives you: Documents, Pictures, Photo Album, Music, Music Artist, Music Album and Videos). Therefore I can simply change each folder to my own liking with a simple click :cool:. Or maybe a software may help me if there is such thing as a File Organizer or Folder Organizer. But anyways hope someone can help me with these things. Bye bye.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice