1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OS instalation Problems/ VXD errors

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Junkman882, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Junkman882

Junkman882 Thread Starter

We had a major power surge that crashe my home PC. I have checked all the componants and everything is in working order. I tried reloading 98 SE and started getting error after error. I formated the harddrive and now when trying load the OS back on there I keep getting the dreaded Vnetsup.vxd, Vredir.vxd, DFS.vxd and msnp32.dll errors. It will not let me go beyond that. I will get to the point right after I put the serial number in and that's when the errors pop up and I am forced to restart again. I am aware of ways to fix these errors when the system is already installed. I need help fixing these problems while working in DOS or any other way. If I could get the OS to load I could fix it but I can't so please if anyone has had this problem or know how to fix it please help me. Thank you.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The most common cause of files missing when installing Windows is usually faulty RAM.

It is one of the few times all RAM is used in a highly critical mode, an error in one "bit" will cause the problems you describe.

3. Junkman882

Sorry, but as I said before, I have checked all the componants and they are in working order. How I checked them was to put them into another PC that I knew was working without any problems. I would swap out different parts to see if I had any errors pop up or if it would even come on. Thank for the help though.

4. Junkman882

I finally got 98SE loaded but I am still getting all kinds of errors. I got the vnetsup.vxd errors fixed. I knew how to fix them if I could ever get 98 loaded. Now I'm getting VXD Vmm(01) error. The only way that I can get anything done is to disable the write behind cache on the board and ram. The only problem with this is that it makes everything so slow. I was told to try to update windows and IE6 which I am in the process of now. If anyone has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice