1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

os.me no conection

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kyphantom, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kyphantom

kyphantom Thread Starter

Hi all my first post,
    running win me. the problem is and ive been asked by alot and ask alot of people this question and still no answere so im trying it out here.
    can dail up to isp but will not connect to the web,messenger,yahoo messenger,explorer and so on.but will dail up to the connection but always comesup detect settings page.
    most people said they just full restore there system to get it back on but they should be a easyer way.
    any thing on this.?
    thanks

2. fpmm25

fpmm25

Here is a suggestion. What about using a boot disk and starting up with the boot disk in and at the command prompt and type
    C:/ sys c:

3. kyphantom

kyphantom Thread Starter

no it boots up everything works just wont surf the net and it even dails up .its like u useing a firewall with internet lock activated

4. brindle

brindle

I'm a little fuzzy on dial up settings but please tell us who your ISP is and your OS. Do you get a hand shake and if so then what happens? Any error messages?

Welcome to TSG here you will find a wealth of knowledge and many friendly folks

5. kyphantom

kyphantom Thread Starter

thanks
    yea i get the handshake protocol the little lites flash it connects to the isp which is a collage in town. im running windows me,
    just when i go to surf the web no bytes sent or recived does the same when i try yahoo messenger or msn and wont bring up web pages internet explorer.
    it would be like running a firewall with internet lock activated
    u would click on explorer then it would just come up detect network setting page wont open.
    thanks

6. brindle

brindle

First off I would contact the college (ISP)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice