OS NT 4.0 lost ability to drag and drop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AMRS

Problem: I have an NTworkstation (all updates and SP) that has begun to have a problem that seems mouse related. Currently, the problem is that files can not be dragged and dropped from anywhere to anywhere. I can right-click and copy and paste, but no dragging and dropping. I can't even move files to the trash.

History of problem: the teacher who uses this computer initially had a problem in which the mouse, which should always use double-click to open, was opening and executing with a single-click. There is no where on this machine to set a single-click for the mouse (I've checked any number of places including mouse control panel, folder options, options, and desktop properties). I'm sure that it's there somewhere but I haven't found it.

Finally, I changed out the mouse, hoping that this was a mechanical problem. This solved the double-click problem, however it has caused the drag-and-drop problem.

Please Help,
AMRS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online