1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OS problem, may have made worse

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by machx7, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machx7

machx7 Thread Starter

My problem started Sunday when I kept getting the screen which gives you the "Safe Mode" option, but no matter what I clicked I kept getting the "Safe Mode" screen. I called tech support and after I followed his suggestions I got a screen that said " Load needed DLLs for kernel" etc. The tech guy said I'd have to reinstall and would probably lose everything.
    Monday I went and googled the error message to see if I could find more options, and which brought me to this forum. I followed the directions for the guide to reinstalling windows, however it set up a new Windows directory on my H drive (Before it was on my C drive).

1. Are my files still on my computer or did I screw up and erase everything? If my files are still on my computer how can I access them?
    2. When I start my computer I get a menu giving me a choice of several Windows systems to choose from, one will get me to the new installation the other choices I will still get the same error message.
    3. I could not find the Windows CD that came with my PC so I used a Windows XP professional edition that I had on my last computer. The PC I have now has XP home edition. Would this cause a problem?

Anything you can do to help will be greatly appreciated.

Matt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/622393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice