1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OS reinstall help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lemmy_Winks, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemmy_Winks

Lemmy_Winks Thread Starter

First off is there someway to transfer my OS from my master to slave drive in order to make that my master drive, i got no cds just a key.

If not then if i do reinstall my OS onto my main drive do i have to install all my hardware includeing my main drive again?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

Before doping any of this I would like some system specs and the make and model number of the computer?

About the only way to do this is to use a disk imaging program like Acronis True Image you can purchase this from

http://www.acronis.com

Once you make the image you can switch the hard drives around and then run the restore function and then make sure the format is done first then restore the image to the new drive C:

You amy need the system disk to do a repair-install of Windows because of t he difference in hard drives and windows will dtect this and may not authenticate the drive properly. That is why I asked for the make and model of the computer so I can try to give you where to purchase the proper software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice