1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OS windows Vista will not start in any mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by thomo1888, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thomo1888

thomo1888 Thread Starter

The last thing I did to my computer was try to update the graphics card driver. I may have installed the wrong driver ( i am not entirely sure) and then it asked to re-start my computer now it will not get past the initial windows loading page with the caterpillar at the bottom. It then goes to a BSOD with the cursor in the top left of the screen, it flashes about 3 or 4 times and then the system restarts. It does flash up with a blue screen with a STOP error which reads STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80699BB0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

It also states that I should" Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart". I have tried to Run command prompt however I never get the system to get past running files to be able to run the command prompt.

I have tried it in safe mode, normal, command and network and nothing changes. I have also used F8 and have used all the options available there including pressing ESC and then running the RAM test which also has not changed my problem.

I do not have the Windows Vista start up CDs however I did insert my Recovery disc and selected the boot to start with my DVD Drive. This made a slight difference in the fact that it ran and loaded the first disc then presented me with a page that stated I have more than one HDD installed and that I should remove one so that the recovery process could be done accurately and that the laptop would now power down. My laptop is the Acer 7720G which has a split HDD of 160GB each therefore I do not know which HDD to remove, if indeed I need to.

I think I have covered all the problems and what I have done so far. I am currently thinking of buying a new graphics card to see if this makes any difference.

I look forward to any advice you can give me.:)

2. dai

dai

i think you will find you have a video chip on the m/board and not an actual video card

if you can access safe mode and install the video driver which you need to d/load from acers d/load section for your model

3. thomo1888

thomo1888 Thread Starter

My system will not let me do anything, in any mode. When I select safe mode it goes to BSOD then the stop message blinks up for a second and then the system re-starts.

4. dai

dai

run the h/drive makers diagnostic on the hard drive

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice