OS won't load from HDD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

McGee

15473188861481858899168.jpg hello! I recently installed a new SSD into my computer. My OS is installed on my HDD. Everytime I try to boot up my computer, it uses the SSD instead of the HDD to load in the OS. How do I switch it around? Do I have to access BIOS? If so, how to I access it?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
You need to change the boot device order in the Bios to put the HDD first.

The first screen that appears should show which key to press to get into the Bios at the bottom, it's usually F2 on a Dell.

If you need further help tell us the full model name of the computer or the Dell service tag please.

McGee

I was able to do this and I guess you can say it "worked". Everytime I try to turn the pc on, it doesn't display anything on the screen. The computer also beeps 6 times. I did the research and I tried configuring the RAM. I was able to get the beeping to stop but it still refuses to display anything.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
If you need further help tell us the full model name of the computer or the Dell service tag please.

So you set the Bios making the HDD the first boot device before the SSD ?

Did you simply install the SSD or did you try to clone Windows onto it from the HDD ?

McGee

I've done nothing special to the SSD. I've just installed it and set the boot order in BIOS.
The computer I own is actually a HP Pavilion. I don't know the exact model.
(I simply installed the SSD)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online