1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

other causes of interference?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by brad_schl, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad_schl

brad_schl Thread Starter

I recently had a problem with interference while connected to a wireless network. I identified a 2.4ghz phone as the source of the problem, and removing it fixed the symptoms.

Now they have started reocurring, even with the phone gone. Regularly my internet connection drops, stays out for a couple seconds, then starts back up. It's completely random, where sometimes it'll do this off and on every minute for an hour, or it'll stay good for a couple hours at a time.

I was wondering what other things could be causing this interference, or if it's another problem altogether?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Microwave ovens are another source, and even stuff that isn't 2.4ghz can blow away the tiny signal used for WiFi.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice