1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Other computer seems cannot access Internet or files. Wireless network help.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LineOFire, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LineOFire

LineOFire Thread Starter

I want both of my computers to share the same Internet connection and be able to access each other's files at all times.

OK, upstairs I have the old computer. It is the one that is connected to my cable Internet connection with a Toshiba PCX1100U modem.The new computer is downstairs.

I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless broadband router (2.4Ghz, 54Mbps) upstairs with the old computer. The old computer also has a Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter which is a normal network card.

The computer downstairs just has WMP54GS wireless network card (2.4Ghz, 54Mbps).

My problem is that the computer downstairs can't connect to the Internet and neither computer can access the other's files. Everytime I connect my router I can't access the Internet on both computers. :mad:

Anyone have any clues as to what could be happening? It has worked before I just have no clue how I did it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice