1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Other e-mail accounts

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tim200404, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tim200404

tim200404 Thread Starter

I have a college e-mail account and a hotmail account and I was wondering is there a way to forward every message I get to both accounts.

For example, if I get an e-mail to my college account can it also be forwarded to my hotmail account?

If not, do any of the e-mail programs do this?

thanks
    tim

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    To do that, you need to contact the site administrator and have him/her do it. That needs to be done at the email server level.

3. Moby

Moby

What type of account is the college e-mail account? If you use outlook express you can create a message rule that forwards all mail (or mail specified by you), to other people. You just pick your hotmail address for other people.
    Don't know how to forward hotmail, don't use it.

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Having a rule in Outlook Express to forward all messages will only place all the mails in Outbox. You will have to again send/receive to actually send them to the desired mailbox :rolleyes:

5. Moby

Moby

Hi AbvAvgUser, if the 'send messages immediately' box is checked under tools, options, send, do they not get sent as soon as they've been received without clicking send recieve?
    If not I stand corrected.
    :)

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

No. I don't think it works that way. :( Otherwise OE should have been able to make all POP3 accounts forwarding accounts.

7. tim200404

tim200404 Thread Starter

I figured everything out. I'm just gonna use the one account. Thanks guys! :D

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Well, there is a way of checking any POP3 account in hotmail. Just give your username, password and POP3 server. Hotmail will fetch all the mails from that account and put them in your Hotmail Inbox.

9. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Well, there is a way of checking any POP3 account in hotmail. Just give your username, password and POP3 server. Hotmail will fetch all the mails from that account and put them in your Hotmail Inbox. But if I were you, I wouldn't do that :rolleyes:

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice