Other Users Calendar in MS Outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nik007

Hey Every One!!

At one stage particular users calendar was viewable to all users when they went through the File - Open - Other User's Folder...

However now it appears with the following message once the user has been located.

'Unable to display the folder. The calendar folder could not be found.'

WendyM

Retired Trusted Advisor
That's the standard message users receive when they don't have access to someone's calendar. Sounds like either your IT people have changed the permissions (either globally or just for this person) or the person has changed the permissions on their calendar to block everyone from seeing it. The permissions will need to be set on that person's calendar to allow you to view it.

nik007

How would IT go about changing the permissions globally?? what are the procedures they would most likely take

WendyM

Retired Trusted Advisor
I don't actually know the step-by-step process, but if they did change the policy from granting all users access as the default, you should still be able to change it on individual computers to allow people access.

Hi

I've seen this before. I bet you if you remove the calendars and add them again it will work again. Weird! Seems to happen from time to time.

Pileyrei

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online