1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Other volume bars control the main volume of windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dnst3, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnst3

dnst3 Thread Starter

ok so this problem was just about from the beginning. i thought i would be patient and it would go away. at first i noticed that while using msn messenger, its volume control for voice chat controled the main volume for the whole pc. so if it was low things wouldnt sound as high as i wanted. no matter if i adjusted the main volume in the control panel, which was always set to highest, the volume would still be at the mercy of Msn M. so if it was lower than usual i would have to sign into msn m and adjust it. not only does this happen with msn m. it also happens with web video applications used by youtube, livevideo, etc etc! those arent usually the culprit of low sound. its usually just msn m. even now with live messenger i have the issue. im tired of being patient so here i am

windows xp sp2
    1.8ghz
    2gig ram.
    anything else? sound card? the sound card came with the mobo. its a Realtek AC'97.
    thanks for any help.

2. dnst3

dnst3 Thread Starter

trying to keep it alice :( bump~

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!