Other volume bars control the main volume of windows xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dnst3

ok so this problem was just about from the beginning. i thought i would be patient and it would go away. at first i noticed that while using msn messenger, its volume control for voice chat controled the main volume for the whole pc. so if it was low things wouldnt sound as high as i wanted. no matter if i adjusted the main volume in the control panel, which was always set to highest, the volume would still be at the mercy of Msn M. so if it was lower than usual i would have to sign into msn m and adjust it. not only does this happen with msn m. it also happens with web video applications used by youtube, livevideo, etc etc! those arent usually the culprit of low sound. its usually just msn m. even now with live messenger i have the issue. im tired of being patient so here i am

windows xp sp2
1.8ghz
2gig ram.
anything else? sound card? the sound card came with the mobo. its a Realtek AC'97.
thanks for any help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online