1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

other web based email for outlook ?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by indigowindow, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. indigowindow

indigowindow Thread Starter

which web based email can be configured to outlook express, besides hotmail? other than one's isp account.

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

3. indigowindow

i was AFRAID someone would say yahoo. yahoo has too many garish adds on it. i was hoping for something more quiet. like ureach.com, but free (you have to pay if you want access thru outlook).
    :p

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

if you have Netscape you can also use Netscape Messenger mail for OE.

Its the one that shows on the bottom right edge of the window of Netscape... the little icon you click on, as well as having its own icon.

I think you can use Eudora mail also. But personally I prefer the Messenger. I have used it as much as OutLlook Express back when Netscape was my default browser.

also have a look here
    http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_pop1.htm
    and here as well
    http://www.freestuff.gr/en/free_email/free_email.shtml

Savvy :)

5. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Your e-mail only has ONE text ad per message when you use Outlook Express.

6. indigowindow

savvy lady - those links look promising.

7. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

I don't think I understand what you're trying to do. From the other posts, it sounds like you want to use a web-based e-mail account to check other e-mail accounts. Is that correct?

I was under the impression you wanted a web-based e-mail account that you could check with Outlook Express.

8. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

OE as a POP3 server as well as the ones above . Hope you find something w/ out lots of advertising etc...

9. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

What do you mean by "OE is a POP3 server"? Outlook Express is not a server of any type. Outlook Express is a program that can check e-mail from accounts that support POP3 connections.

10. indigowindow

i'm (still) looking for a free email account that can be accessed from outlook express. like hotmail can be accessed thru outlook. i don't like yahoo.

11. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

You want Outlook Express to be where you receive your mail but you don't want to use your ISP or Hotmail to be your server..... is that correct?

12. indigowindow

savvylady -
    that's right. i want to ditch my isp altogether. i found a cheaper and more reliable isp (so far), but they don't provide an email. accesscheap.net. i can use their stmp to send mail thru outlook, however. so what i need is another email account that i LIKE. i can use hotmail, i suppose. yahoo is too gaudy with their ads. so i'm looking what other (free)accounts can be set up to send and receive mail thru outlook, or even another mail utility like Foxmail. i definitely want to stay away from any messenger type setups like msn messenger.

13. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

14. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Hey... I may have found one for you.

http://www.zxmail.com/

but its only free for 30 days... :(

15. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

What ads are you talking about with respect to Yahoo!??? There is only ONE text ad on messages that you send. If you're using Outlook Express to send and receive e-mail, then you don't see ANY ads at all. Yahoo! is reliable and has been in business for several years. If you go with a lesser known company for web-based e-mail, the chances of them disappearing or providing unreliable service are high.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice