other web based email for outlook ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

indigowindow

which web based email can be configured to outlook express, besides hotmail? other than one's isp account.

indigowindow

i was AFRAID someone would say yahoo. yahoo has too many garish adds on it. i was hoping for something more quiet. like ureach.com, but free (you have to pay if you want access thru outlook).
:p

if you have Netscape you can also use Netscape Messenger mail for OE.

Its the one that shows on the bottom right edge of the window of Netscape... the little icon you click on, as well as having its own icon.

I think you can use Eudora mail also. But personally I prefer the Messenger. I have used it as much as OutLlook Express back when Netscape was my default browser.

also have a look here
http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_pop1.htm
and here as well
http://www.freestuff.gr/en/free_email/free_email.shtml

Savvy :)

Max19

Account Disabled
Your e-mail only has ONE text ad per message when you use Outlook Express.

Max19

Account Disabled
I don't think I understand what you're trying to do. From the other posts, it sounds like you want to use a web-based e-mail account to check other e-mail accounts. Is that correct?

I was under the impression you wanted a web-based e-mail account that you could check with Outlook Express.

OE as a POP3 server as well as the ones above . Hope you find something w/ out lots of advertising etc...

Max19

Account Disabled
What do you mean by "OE is a POP3 server"? Outlook Express is not a server of any type. Outlook Express is a program that can check e-mail from accounts that support POP3 connections.

indigowindow

i'm (still) looking for a free email account that can be accessed from outlook express. like hotmail can be accessed thru outlook. i don't like yahoo.

You want Outlook Express to be where you receive your mail but you don't want to use your ISP or Hotmail to be your server..... is that correct?

indigowindow

savvylady -
that's right. i want to ditch my isp altogether. i found a cheaper and more reliable isp (so far), but they don't provide an email. accesscheap.net. i can use their stmp to send mail thru outlook, however. so what i need is another email account that i LIKE. i can use hotmail, i suppose. yahoo is too gaudy with their ads. so i'm looking what other (free)accounts can be set up to send and receive mail thru outlook, or even another mail utility like Foxmail. i definitely want to stay away from any messenger type setups like msn messenger.
:p

Hey... I may have found one for you.

http://www.zxmail.com/

but its only free for 30 days... :(

Web Access + POP3 + SMTP
Packages
These packages allow you to access your email account from
a standard WEB BROWSER.

Connect and download your email from a standard POP3
client such as outlook.

Connect and email from a standard SMTP client
such as outlook.

A yealy subscription is required.

Please choose your upgrade option.

STANDARD PACKAGE $5.00/MONTH $60.00/YEAR (USD)
10 Megabytes of email storage
Up to 5 megabytes attachments
Web Access
Unlimited P0P3 Access
SMTP Access (100 recipients/mail, 100 email/day)
Unlimited wireless notification
Unlimited Auto responder
25 Megabytes Virtual Drive
25 Megabytes Network Drive
25 Megabytes Movie Drive
25 Megabytes MP3 Library
25 Megabytes Photo Album
Web Favorites
External Mail Access
Tech support

PACKAGE II $10.00/MONTH $120.00/YEAR (USD)
20 Megabytes of email storage
Up to 10 megabytes attachments
Web Access
Unlimited P0P3 Access
SMTP Access (150 recipients/mail, 200 email/day)
Unlimited Auto responder
250 Megabytes Virtual Drive
250 Megabytes Network Drive
250 Megabytes Movie Drive
250 Megabytes MP3 Library
250 Megabytes Photo Album
Web Favorites
External Mail Access
Tech support

BUSINESS PACKAGE $170.00/YEAR (USD)
50 Megabytes of email storage
Up to 15 megabytes attachments
Web Access
Unlimited P0P3 Access
SMTP Access (1000 recipients/mail, 500 email/day)
Unlimited Auto responder
300 Megabytes Virtual Drive
300 Megabytes Network Drive
300 Megabytes Movie Drive
300 Megabytes MP3 Library
300 Megabytes Photo Album
Web Favorites
External Mail Access
Tech support

Max19

Account Disabled
What ads are you talking about with respect to Yahoo!??? There is only ONE text ad on messages that you send. If you're using Outlook Express to send and receive e-mail, then you don't see ANY ads at all. Yahoo! is reliable and has been in business for several years. If you go with a lesser known company for web-based e-mail, the chances of them disappearing or providing unreliable service are high.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online