1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Other?

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by amadeus2k8, Sep 24, 2008.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amadeus2k8

amadeus2k8 Guest Thread Starter

I have a spare Laptop I like to play with.

I have installed the following operating systems on it [not all at once], what other alternatives are there other than the ones lsited???

Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista
    Windows Server 2003
    Linux [Fedora, Ubuntu, XUbuntu, KUBuntu, Mandriva, Debian, SUSE]
    Solaris
    Hackintosh [Apple Mac OS X Leopard hack]
    UNIX [FreeBSD]

What other Desktop Operating systems are there that I can download and install preferrably free, but not an issue . . .

Command Line or GUI based either is fine, [I like CLI Operating Systems]

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You got most of them covered.
    You could try SkyOS and ReactOS.

I remember a couple of years back some guy installed like 40 plus operating systems on his computer all at once using the XOSL bootloader. They had him on The ScreenSavers. Don't recall all the other operating systems he put on.

The beta for Windows 7 is going to be available pretty soon. You could sign up for the Beta once they have that available.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice