1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Others can not open e-mail attachment created with Microfsoft Works Word Processor/XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dalatar, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalatar

Dalatar Thread Starter

I am running Microsoft Works XP and have used the Word Processor to create a resume. I have saved the resume to My Documents. I have sent it out as an attachment to e-mail. Those receiving the e-mail say they get an error message that they can not open the program. The receivers usually ask me to resend as a Word Document. As far as I know it was orginally sent as a word document. Does anyone have any idea of what is wrong and how to fix it???

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

what is the extension? . . .doc?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

To clarify the above, you need to "save as" - "file of type" - Microsoft Word .doc (if your version permits it)

Companies do not use ar have the ability to convert from Works formats, its not a good idea to use it at all in my view.

Download Open Office (free Office Suite) and use that instead. It is 99% comnpatable with Word formats and should be much better.

Such gremlins need to be eliminated if you want your resume to be read, as far as possbile.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/394101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice